Makerere University MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2019/2020 for Undergraduate Study in Uganda (Funded)
Application Deadline: 5.00pm on Friday 10th May 2019.
Since 2014, Makerere University in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has provided scholarships at the undergraduate level to academically talented, yet financially disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Recipients of this scholarship are provided with comprehensive financial, academic as well as social and leadership development support for the entire period of their study at the University.
Makerere University is now pleased to announce 455 undergraduate scholarship opportunities (388 young women and 67 young men) for national (89%) and international (11%) students joining the University for academic year 2019/2020.
- Must be admitted to study at Makerere University main campus in the academic year 2019/2020. This means that in order to fit within the Makerere University admission guidelines, all Scholarship applicants should endeavour to apply for admission when Makerere University advertises for private sponsorship.
- Must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- Should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 11 points for young women and 15 Points for young men obtained in Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (U.A.C.E) or its equivalent from 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to social betterment.
- Must have a record of community service.
- Should not be a holder of any other Scholarship.
- Should not have completed any Diploma or Undergraduate studies.
- Should not be a registered student of any university or tertiary
Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from
Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or Download the application forms from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere website on
http://mcfsp.mak.ac.ug or visit Makerere University website at http://mak.ac.ugSubmit completed application forms to the address in (1) above by 5.00pm on Friday 10th May 2019.
If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to firstname.lastname@example.org./ email@example.com
For More Information: