Consultant – Nyubahiriza Programme (m / f) (Short term)
The Nyubahiriza programme is funded by the Dutch Government through its ARC Programme (Addressing Root Causes) andis being implemented by the consortium: CARE International, Impunity Watch, Oxfam Novib and 8 local partners. The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to a reduction of violence and instabilityexperienced by Burundians.
Purpose and objectives of the MTR
Evaluation is an integral component of the planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning cycle which is essential for maximizing Nyubahiriza’s effectiveness in achieving its outcomes. The midterm review should lead to improving the quality and impact of what we and our partners do as well as enhancing mutual accountability and learning between the communities and partners with whom we work, ourselves and our donors; enhance the ability of those people whom we seek to benefit to create opportunities and means to hold us to account; use processes and outcomes to influence the practice of other actors; and strengthen our credibility.
Profile of the consultant
- >5 year experience in evaluating large scale and complex programmes
- Good understanding and knowledge about the Burundian context (economic, political,…)
- Good understanding and knowledge of conflict sensitivity
- Basic knowledge of transitional justice
- Having done similar work in a consortium is an advantage
- Experience in working with other international (I)NGO’s as well as CSO
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Good writing and communicative skills
- Professional proficiency in English, French and Kirundi
How to apply?
If you are interested, please submit the documents below by e-mail with the subject line “Nyubahiriza MTR” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Quotations should reach Oxfam Novib no later than 20. 01. 2019.
- At least two relevant reference assignments previously performed by the Consultant that are comparable in content, time and money.
- An approach paper, including a time planning based on this ToR
- CV of the consultant, proving relevant experience and/or diplomas.
- Total price. Accompanied with a cost breakdown in days or hours spend and the related fee.
A detailed ToR can be found at Oxfam’s reception desk. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Oxfam subscribes to the principle of equity, diversity and inclusion in hiring.