VHW organization description: Village Health Works (VHW) was founded in 2006 in partnership with the community of Kigutu, Burundi. VHW has developed a holistic model that aims to improve local livelihoods and restore dignity and hope. VHW focuses first on treating and preventing illness through primary health care services and then integrates education, sustainable agriculture, and economic development programs. VHW’s extensive campus in Kigutu is nestled amongst lush mountains and overlooks beautiful Lake Tanganyika. With 400 full- and part-time employees in Burundi, as well as a small team in the United States, VHW delivers a wide-array of programs in a catchment area of 200,000 people.
Position Overview: The finance team is looking for an inventory manager to be in charge of the organization’s inventory. The Inventory Manager will keep records, monitor stock levels, and track when to replenish stock.
- Ensure accurate product inventory for all the various items
- Develop an inventory tracking system to streamline VHW operations
- Communicate with Warehouse Manager about current stock and potential issues with ordersdelay, shipment and related approvals by the ministries such as Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Conduct daily analyses to forecast potential inventory issues
- Report on inventory activities and variances- reconciling between physical inventory and the system
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks within inventory process
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services with procurement team
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes
- Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency and accountability are evident in all VHW’s dealings
- Maintain and update the FAR as and when necessary
- Ensure all the assets are enclaved with unique codes for ease of identification including their location; engraving all the assets with unique identifiable unique numbers
- Carry out monthly stock count and resolve any variances for all the inventory items across the organization (VHW)
- Communicate effectively on the inventory status to the CFO on a regular basis
- Years of experience: 5 years and above
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Economics
- Language: English and French
Benefits: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a CV and a thoughtful cover letter describing your experience and how it applies to this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should also include where you found this job posting. Please include “Inventory Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Village Health Works is an equal opportunity employer.